Rekluse Auto Clutch in KX500

Sandblaster

Re: Rekluse Auto Clutch in KX500

Post by Sandblaster » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Some rumors are floating around that Rekluse will be offering a clutch pack that will have additional clutch plates that will not require heavier springs and it will be grippier then stock 8-)
If bikes are for kids I'll never grow up.

Burle

Re: Rekluse Auto Clutch in KX500

Post by Burle » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:44 pm

Well I think I've got a bit of a unique situation on my bike, reason being I actually soldered my carb heater on :shock: :? . When I was still planning on using the stock carb I ordered the heater for it, then when I decided to go with a lectron the bell housing was about 2mm smaller than the stock PWK, so in order to make it work I filled the gap with solder. At the time I though this was a great idea because the heaters are normally just pressed on which doesn't result in that much contact between the metal of the heater and the metal of the carb, so when I soldered it on it made a full ring of contact which I believe is making the carb heater actually work too well and is throwing off the working of the lectron. So the plan now is to put a valve in line to the heater so I can choke back how much coolant goes to it as well as adding a tunnel cooler.
As for temps I'm seeing about 190F max on the coolant, but my EGTs are way off at 700-800F. Still a lot of work to do getting it sorted, I'll let you know when I get a setup that works well.
That's awesome about the clutch rekluse is working on, with extra plates and maybe adding some stronger springs that could help increase how much power you could put through it.

Return to “Clutch”