It's not really riding but... Steve goes big..

Riding stories. Tell us all about it.
Sandblaster

It's not really riding but... Steve goes big..

Post by Sandblaster » Thu May 19, 2016 5:51 pm

It's official.. Here's a feature article about what my brother has been doing..

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ccs ... port-team/
Steve BMW HP Engineer.jpg
Steve BMW HP Engineer.jpg (49.79 KiB) Viewed 6222 times
New Resource For BMW S 1000 RR And HP4 Race Teams and Riders

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – BMW Motorrad USA has announced the addition of Steve Weir, a BMW trained and authorized race support engineer, to its HP Race Support Team in the U.S.

“Steve is an independent consultant to BMW Motorrad USA, but is also available for hire to support privateer teams competing on the BMW S 1000 RR or BMW HP4 in races around the country,” commented Michael Hernandez, Manager, Parts and Accessories, for BMW Motorrad USA. “He has considerable experience as a race support engineer and racing BMW’s himself. We are thrilled to offer him as a resource to teams and riders on the S 1000 RR and using HP Race Parts with set-up and analysis.”

A former 2003-2004 CCS Unlimited Supersport Regional Champion and Speedscreen Unlimited Grand Prix Champion, Weir has multiple years of experience working with BMW Motorrad engine management systems, race data analytics, electronics, suspension and geometry. As a race engineer specializing in electronics and suspension, he helped earn numerous AFM and WERA Superbike Championships. A seasoned data analyst, Weir is adept at working with riders and mechanics to optimize geometry and suspension settings from data and rider feedback.

“I work as an integral part of the team to perform cohesively, efficiently and effectively with one common goal…winning,” observes Weir. “I’m excited to be a part of BMW Motorrad USA’s Race Support Program.”

Weir is available to offer racers daily, face-to-face hands-on support at racetracks around the country and custom optimization of the HP Race Calibration Kit (available at authorized BMW Motorrad retailers) for the bike and rider (a suitable data logging system is required).

Interested riders may contact Weir at weireverywhereracing@gmail.com to discuss a support package tailored specifically for their needs. Steve is planning on attending the MotoAmerica round at Laguna Seca, Sunday July 8-10.

BMW Group In America
If bikes are for kids I'll never grow up.

Return to “Riding stories”